What Is ScanINSPECT BGA?
ScanINSPECT BGA provides a fast, simple and user-friendly alternative to inaccurate and time-consuming manual inspection methods or expensive, yet slow, measurement systems.
ScanINSPECT BGA uses an intuitive process flow interface integrated with a high resolution, color, image-processing unit. This combination allows 100% inspection of ball placement on BGAs, in or out of trays (JDEC, etc.). This desktop offline system can be used for either pre or post reflow ball inspection.
How Does ScanINSPECT BGA Work?
ScanINSPECT BGA provides ball inspection for the following:
- Extra Balls
- Surface Quality
A tray containing the BGAs is placed into the system for 100% inspection. The balls are inspected and any errors are displayed on the screen for easy verification. No more surprises!
The backside of the BGAs can be scanned and overlaid/aligned to the front side to record serial number information. A variety of data is collected and reported for each inspection including Lot Number, Operator Name, Date/Timestamp and related comments along with any error information. The system is barcode reader compatible.
Fast & Simple Programming
ScanINSPECT BGA is quickly programmed from a golden part in a few minutes. Corrections to the golden part can be quickly and easily made, if necessary.
Increased Yield & Improved Overall Equipment Efficiency
ScanINSPECT BGA’s powerful 100% inspection process increases product yield by ensuring accurate ball placement. Missing, Misplaced Damaged or Extra balls can result in reduced yield, lost production time and expensive rework.
Problems are identified and eliminated before substrates or devices are reflowed, permitting quick and easy rework. The same system is also able to perform a final inspection after reflow. In production, each device or tray is placed on the table, shuttled in, automatically aligned and checked for accuracy with a PASS or FAIL inspection in seconds.
ScanINSPECT BGA set up is fast and easy. In production, each device or substrate is placed on the table, shuttled in, automatically aligned and checked for accuracy with a PASS or FAIL inspection in seconds.
Why Use ScanINSPECT BGA?
- Mandatory: 100% automatic 2-D inspections of ball placement, pre and/or post reflow.
- Security: Confirm ball absence/presence, position, size and surface quality.
- Necessity: Full inspection traceability of every ball down to the device serial & lot number level.
- Flexibility: Detect errors before reflow permitting easy rework.
- Maximum Substrate Size: 18″ X 24″ (457mm X 610mm)
- Maximum Inspection Area: 11.7″ X 16.5″ (297mm X 419mm)
- Ball/Bump Diameter Range: 0.050 mm to 6 mm
- Scanning Resolutions range from 200 dpi to 2400 dpi
Footprint of Inspection Unit
- Depth: 31.5″ (800mm), table extended 49.5″ (1,257mm)
- Width: 27.25″ (692mm)
- Height: 19″ (482mm)
- Weight: 150lbs. (55.95kg)
- Multi Core Processing – 3 GHz
- 1 TB 7200 RPM HD, 8 – 16 GB RAM
- CD/DVD ROM – for archive purposes
- Flat Panel Monitor (17” or larger)
- Ethernet connection
- Win 10 – 64-Bit
- 2 available USB ports – USB2 OR USB3
*Recommended customer-supplied minimum PC requirements.
The following are trademarks of the indicated companies: ScanFAB™ is a trademark of ScanCAD International, Inc. *All specifications and designs subject to change without notice.*
Friendly, Flexible, Innovative & Global
ScanCAD International, Inc. continues to flourish and evolve to successfully meet ever-changing technology requirements.
All ScanCAD products were developed at the request of its customers, therefore your comments and suggestions are welcome.