What Is ConvertPLUS ARE?
ConvertPLUS ARE (Automated Reverse Engineering) is a full- featured, CAM software solution designed to complement ScanCAD’s family of scanner-based reverse engineering products.
This product takes the Gerber and ASCII component data from the scanning process and creates rich ODB++ and FATF outputs that include the component pin numbering and netlist information needed for CAD upload and schematic generation.
- Accepts IPC-D 356 files, Centroid files (from ScanPLACE) and silkscreen layers to create Reverse engineering component information.
- Outputs include: ODB++, FATF, ASCII, IPC-D 356 Netlist. Special macro specific to convert Gerber files to ScanCADready files for import.
- HyperNETLIST Extraction can generate Netlist information for even the largest of designs in a matter of minutes.
- Import Wizard that loads ALL industry formats (Gerber, Drill, Mill, HPGL, DXF, and more).
- Intelligent Data Transfer with ODB++, ODB++ (X), and IPC- 2581.
- Database Navigator provides quick and easy access to all necessary information without the need for menus or toolbars.
Design rule checking
Netlist Import, Export and Compare
Assembly Reverse Engineering
Assembly Reverse Engineering
- Integrated Footprint Library: Control “master footprints, device creation and association and pin numbering
- Parts: Identify, delete, query, BOM report
- Fiducials: Identify and report
- Analysis: Device spacing, centroid, comparison, BOM compare
- BOM Import: Finalize reverse engineering with part numbers, device descriptions, values, and tolerance data
- Export: FATF, ODB++, ASCII, IPC-D-356 Netlist
- Browse Errors Directly from Navigator
- Graphical Find Duplicates
- Graphical Layer Compare (Compare Any Two Layers Quickly and Accurately, Browse Differences Through the Navigator)
- Design Information Queries (Quickly check Min. Air Gap, Min. Trace Width, Number of Conductive Layers, Number of Drill Hits, and More)
- DRC w/AutoCorrect (Track-to Track, Track-to Pad, Pad-to- Pad, Min. Track, Min. Pad, Board Edge, and More)
- Graphical Netlist Comparision (Shorts, Opens, No Copper for Net, No External Net for Copper. Errors are Highlighted Using Navigator)
- Pin-Point Netlist Errors (Quickly Locates Short and Open Errors from Netlist Comparison Results and Highlights the Location)
- Database Navigator (Quick Access to Layers, Apertures, Netlists)
- Layer Sets (Define Layer Sets for Blind & Buried Vias and MCM Stack-Up)
- Interactive Data Grouping (Group Objects Together for Fast and Easy Editing)
- HyperNETLIST Extraction (Supports SMT, Thru-Hole, Blind & Buried, and MCM)
- Layer Scaling
- Merge Multiple PCB Files)
- Automatic Draw-to-Flash Conversion (Convert All Layers at Once, Use Mask Layer as Guide) (the “automatic” is only in a higher level product)
- Polygon Over/Undersize
The following are trademarks of the indicated companies: Gerber, Ucamco N.V.; ScanCAD™, ConvertPLUS™ and ConvertPLUS ARE™ are trademarks of ScanCAD International, Inc. *All specifications and designs subject to change without notice.*
Friendly, Flexible, Innovative & Global
ScanCAD International, Inc. continues to flourish and evolve to successfully meet ever-changing technology requirements.
All ScanCAD products were developed at the request of its customers, therefore your comments and suggestions are welcome.