What Is ScanPRO?
ScanPRO is a fully integrated, stand-alone workstation designed to produce padmasters and drill files when CAD data is not readily available. ScanPRO combines a Windows-based software package with a high-resolution flatbed scanner to generate Gerber data and drill files.
Need proper pad and/or drill data and only have the original hand-taped design? Mylar images? Diazo or silver film? Only have an existing PCB or technical drawings? Pad and/or drill data can be generated using each of these types of media!
Automatic Pad Recognition
Use the automatic pad recognition functions to create Gerber and drilling data. These vectorization processes generate accurately and quickly the Gerber data required for drill files. The Gerber files may also be utilized for stencil files, padmasters and test fixtures.
Editing is performed in the Graphics Screen, a user-icon friendly editing environment. Use the “hot-keys” and menu-driven functions, to modify the drill file quickly and easily.
The multi-color display and multiple zoom levels allow selection of the most convenient editing environment.
- Bareboards, film, paper, stencils, screens, diazo or silver film
- Verifiable image alignment
- Automatic layer-to-layer alignment
- Pad Recognition: Circle, square, oval, rectangle
- Pads on Grid
- Multi-Color Display
- Multi-Level Zoom Function
- Gerber edit accuracy: 0.0001″ (0.00254mm)
- Customized Aperture Tables
- Snap-to-Pad: center/track vertex
- Snap-to-Grid: pads/tracks
- Vertex display
- Multi-layer display
- Macros: create & store
- Automatic text function
- Metric or Inch
- Highlight D Codes
- Delete “double-hit” pads
- Verify layer-to-layer pad alignment
- Check Gerber image vs. scanned image
- Compare Gerber image vs. Gerber image
- Compare one scanned image to another scanned image
- Design rule check
- Gerber files (274X or 274D)
- Comprehensive aperture tables
- Drill files: Excellon, Sieb & Meyer
- Stencil files
- BMP and TIFF
- Panelized Images
Worried about the quality of the finished Pad and/or drill files? Use ScanPRO’s “check functions” to verify the accuracy of the data. These check functions will verify layer-to-layer pad alignment, eliminate “double-hits,” and identify minimum pad distances.
How easy is it to write out a pad or drill file? Use two key strokes! For Gerber data simply export a Gerber 274X file. For drill files, a comprehensive tool table will be generated as the drill file is written to disk; this table itemizes the X/Y dimensions of the drilled hole, the number of holes and the number of required tools.
Why Use ScanPRO?
- Necessity: Supply production with required Pad and drill data.
- Flexibility: Use boards, films or stencils as input.
- Accuracy: Increase board quality by using internal check features.
- Documentation: Produce printouts of images in addition to pad and/or drill file data.
- Security: Prevent film/drawing deterioration by storing images in electronic format.
- Security: Archive multiple copies of designs, both on and off-site.
- High-Resolution Flatbed Scanner, Size A3: (400/1000/1600/2000 dpi)
- Calibrated Accuracy: ± 0.0015″ (± 0.0381mm)
- Scanning Bed Area: 11.7″ x 16.5″ (297mm x 420mm)
- Maximum Work Area: 32.0″ x 32.0″ (813mm x 813mm)
- Multi Core Processing – 3 GHz
- 1 TB 7200 RPM HD, 8 – 16 GB RAM
- CD/DVD ROM – for archive purposes
- Flat Panel Monitor (17” or larger)
- Ethernet connection
- Windows 10 – 64-Bit
- 2 available USB ports – USB2 OR USB3
*Recommended customer-supplied minimum PC requirements.
Additional System Components
- Precision Glass Calibration Grid
- Scanner Interface Card/Cable
- Software Protection Key
- Scanning Accessory Package
- Custom Desk (Optional)
The following are trademarks of the indicated companies: Gerber, Ucamco N.V.; Windows 10, Microsoft®; ScanCAD™ and ScanINSPECT VPI™ are trademarks of ScanCAD International, Inc. *All specifications and designs subject to change without notice.*
Friendly, Flexible, Innovative & Global
ScanCAD International, Inc. continues to flourish and evolve to successfully meet ever-changing technology requirements.
All ScanCAD products were developed at the request of its customers, therefore your comments and suggestions are welcome.