What Is ScanINSPECT AFI?
ScanINSPECT AFI is a fully integrated, stand-alone inspection workstation for film, diazo, photo mask, chrome, glass plates, etc. ScanINSPECT AFI uses a PC Windows based software package integrated with a high-resolution, calibrated, A3 size flatbed scanner. This combination allows 100% inspection for accuracy against Gerber data or against golden board data.
Tired of using slow, error prone manual inspection methods? ScanINSPECT AFI offers various functions that quickly and automatically inspect for:
- Mousebites, shorts, opens, dust, and pinholes
- Absence/Presence of Apertures and Traces
- Confirm Proper Aperture/Trace Shape and Size
- Compare Film/Stencil/Screen vs. Gerber
- Compare Film/Stencil/Screen vs. Golden Film/Stencil/Screen
- Confirm Proper Aperture/Trace Position
- Create Gerber data from Boards/Films/Stencils
Optional Fab Module
If the optional FAB module is also purchased, ScanINSPECT AFI not only inspects, it also is able to create Gerber data. Utilizing its calibrated scanner, ScanINSPECT AFI inputs silver or diazo film, mylar images, technical drawings, actual PCBs, original hand-taped designs and stencils/screens then creates Gerber data.
- Scan Film, Diazo, photo mask, chrome, glass plates, etc.
- Verifiable Image Alignment
- Automatic Raster to Gerber Alignment
- Pad Recognition: Circle, square, oval, rectangle
- Pads on Grid
- Local Micro Alignment (LMA) for pads & tracks
- Compare existing films against Gerber image or actual PCBs for errors
- Verify aperture/trace size errors to 0.0003″ (0.008mm) on aperture/trace as small as 0.002″ (0.050mm)
- Highlight D-Codes
- Check Scanned image against scanned image
- Check Gerber Image against scanned image
- Compare Gerber Image against Gerber image
- Design Rule Check Geometry Inspection
- Multi-Color Display
- Multi-Level Zoom Function
- Edit Accuracy: 0.0001″ (0.00254mm)
- Customized Aperture Tables
- Snap-to: Pad Center
- Snap-to-Grid: Pads
- Multi-Layer Display
- Macros: Create & Store
- Automatic Text Function
- Metric or Inch
- Pass/Fail Inspection Report
- Rework File Generation
- Gerber Files (274D & 274X)
- Comprehensive Aperture Tables
- Stencil Files
- Solder Mask
- Pad Master
- BMP and TIFF
- Panelized Images
Worried about the quality of existing films or Gerber files? Use ScanINSPECT AFI’s “check functions” to verify the accuracy of the data. The new LMA option allows for checking apertures/traces as small as to 0.002″ diameter (0.050 mm).
These functions verify films for production errors, accuracy, opens/shorts, mouse bites, and size. The system steps the operator automatically through all discrepancies of the verification results.
ScanINSPECT AFI permits fast and accurate comparison of film/stencils/screens to bare PCBs bringing automation and increased productivity to QC departments.
With the optional FAB module, ScanINSPECT AFI creates Gerber 274X files as well as other data used in PCB and stencil production, including: Silkscreens, Soldermasks, Padmasters, Stencil Files, Panelized Images, DXF, BMP, TIFF files, etc.
Why Use ScanINSPECT AFI?
- Mandatory: 100% automatic inspection of films/screen/stencils for absence/presence and size of apertures/traces.
- Necessity: Detect size error variances as small as 0.0003″ (0.008mm) at 4000 dpi.
- Necessity: Supply production with required Gerber data with optional FAB module.
- Flexibility: Use one software product to both create and inspect against Gerber data required by the PCB and fabrication process.
- High-Resolution Color Flatbed Scanner, Size A3: 400/1000/1600/2000/2400/3200/4000/4800 dpi
- Calibrated Accuracy: ± 0.0015” (± 0.0381mm)
- A3-Scanning Bed Area: 11.7″ x 16.5″ (297mm x 419mm)
- Maximum Work Area: 32.0″ x 32.0″ (813mm x 813mm)
- Multi Core Processing – 3 GHz
- 1 TB 7200 RPM HD, 8 – 16 GB RAM
- CD/DVD ROM – for archive purposes
- Flat Panel Monitor (17” or larger)
- Ethernet connection
- Windows 10 – 64-Bit
- 2 available USB ports – USB2 OR USB3
*Recommended customer-supplied minimum PC requirements.
Additional System Components
- Precision Glass Calibration Grid
- Scanner Interface Card/Cable
- Software Protection Key
- Scanning Accessory Package
- Custom Desk (Optional)
The following are trademarks of the indicated companies: Gerber, Ucamco N.V.; Windows 10, Microsoft®; ScanCAD™ and ScanINSPECT VPI™ are trademarks of ScanCAD International, Inc. *All specifications and designs subject to change without notice.*
Friendly, Flexible, Innovative & Global
ScanCAD International, Inc. continues to flourish and evolve to successfully meet ever-changing technology requirements.
All ScanCAD products were developed at the request of its customers, therefore your comments and suggestions are welcome.