Latest techniques for Recreating Technical Data Packages (TDPs) for Mission Critical Legacy Electronics
Our team will be sharing an in-depth presentation surrounding this topic at the upcoming 2022 Defense Manufacturing Conference (DMC) show in Tampa, Florida taking place December 5-8, 2022. ScanCAD will have booth #313, so be sure to visit!
Most mission-critical DoD legacy systems in operation today use electronics that do not have the needed Technical Data Packages (TDPs) that are required for repair, test and re-manufacture. This quick DMC Spotlight Session Demo will share the latest technology and techniques used to recreate these mandatory TDPs.
The demo will show the process flow starting with an existing electronic part being pulled from an operational system to create a complete, validated TDP, including:
1) Bill of Material (BOM) generation;
2) Imaging all outer and inner layers of the Printed Circuit Board (PCB);
3) Recreating precise form, fit and function CAD manufacturing data for all PCB layers that is required to manufacture exact cloned replacement parts;
4) Extracting the electronic netlist that shows connectivity between all components that is required for repair and testing;
5) Creating the schematic that is mandatory for repair and test.
Sample images from both “destructive techniques” using high precision proven tools and “non-destructive techniques” using the latest in 3D X-Ray Tomography (XRT) will be shared. These will include both external and internal high-resolution PCB layer-to-layer automatic optical image alignment as well as aligning and dimensional scaling of XRT images to overlay NIST calibrated color optical images.
At the conclusion of the short ten-minute demo, the attendee will have a good understanding of the state-of-the-art process regarding maintaining and supporting legacy electronics that are missing TDPs in mission-critical systems.
Again, we hope to connect with you at the upcoming conference!